The Iron Circle Campaign
- 700 years ago Greyhawk fell into political and religious turmoil.
- Many established religious institutions and political alliances were weakened, which became known as the “Age of Great Sorrow”.
- During this period of unrest, scholars and sages embraced the teachings of an little known ancient heretic.
- His mad writings and evil sanctions had been suppressed by the great religions. However, during the Age of Great Sorrow his writing thrived and he gained followers.
- This heretic was a wizard-priest of unsavory reputation and great power focusing his reverence and devotion to the Evil Prince of Earth (Uzrith) and the Evil Princess of Water (Alyolvoy).
- His teaching and followers spread north to within 100 miles of Greyhawk.
- After 100 years of unhindered growth a number of key noble families, and political alliances formed several armies to purge the area of this cult.
- A series of 50 underground labyrinths were created to outlast this purge and allow the cult to survive. Over the past 600 years 45 of these underground labyrinths have been found, looted, and destroyed.
- The 46th labyrinth has been located!!!